An innovative dynamic therapeutic walking aid
TAOS is a walking aid designed for children with neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, neurological muscle disorders. The base of the system is a custom-made orthosis, which controls and supports the torso and lower limbs and makes it possible to carry its own weight independently. For children who have difficulties with balance, tone and coordination, the orthosis is combined with a mobile base so that the children can participate in standing and walking activities handsfree without fear of falling. The TAOS is designed for use during therapy, daily use at home or at school, and this for both indoor and outdoor.
Advanced technological neurorehabilitation:
- The TAOS supports, according to the individual needs of each user the trunk and lower limbs so that hip, knee and ankle joints are perfectly aligned.
- The handsfree system creates an environment where the user can explore the world upright in a safe and independent manner with a unique sense of freedom and personal achievement.
- TAOS provides correct support so standing and walking are corrected and gait is improved.
- The system allows limited to full weight bearing.
- Ergonomic height regulating system using a lever mechanism that also can be easily used to go from sitting to standing position and vice versa.
What does the TAOS has to offer?
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves posture
- Improves coordination
- Increase the physical endurance
- Better gait pattern
QUALITY OF LIFE:
- Exercise helps pain reduction
- Good for mental health
- Good for self-image
- Provides improved circulation
- Improves gastrointestinal system
- Better breathing
- Improved coordination and balance
- Reduces spasticity
- Gives users more energy
- Helps against anxiety and dejection
- Improves sleep pattern
- A fun unique way to do activities with others
Dynamic and easy to use
- Easy in and out function for the patient with lever mechanism. Therefore it is not necessary lifting the patient.
- Sedentary function in case of fatigue or transport.
- Easy control of the height by therapist or parent.
- Product is easy to disassemble for transport in the car. Takes up very little space.
New design seat module:
The T2 model is created for an adolescent user and is simple to adjust during use from walking to seat module. To be used as a wheel chair when tired or transport.
New patented alternating system
The new system promoting alternating walking is designed so that the user will encounter as little as no resistance. Because, among other things the TAOS use lines without elasticity so there is no additional tension on the joints and muscles. This allows a better regulation of the body metabolism so that the energy can be fully utilized in the running experience.
Unique construction with reliable technology
- Very light, dynamic and sturdy aluminium chassis
- Brace system of reliable U.S. manufacturer Sky Medical
- A customized orthosis
- Available in 4 sizes (S, M, L, T2)
- Possibility to add additional components to the personal needs of each user, such as: hand support, headrest, etc.
- For both the youngest and the adolescent user.